Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

[Our] Place: The Festive Version

I love Christmas and I love making our home festive for the season.

Literally any excuse to alter and improve my surroundings is gleefully pounced upon and Christmas is my favourite time of year.

This year we have decided to go out for Christmas lunch which leaves me more time to focus on those little details I never get quite enough time to master.

Our usual Christmas decorations are Nordic inspired and mostly white white with touches of red. The key staples are still white lights, white tinsel, real tree and lots of white candles.

My favourite Christmas decoration our 3ft Father Christmas (a.k.a. Bob) found a couple of years ago at TKMaxx

Left to right: Christmas tree and 'Bob', Mums home made 'Merry Xmas' banner, vase of bargain bucket baubles from B&Q and very fat reindeer from Dusseldorf Christmas Market, red bell wreath purchased from Sainsburys and finally our newly acquired I heart NY bauble from Bloomingdale's. 

Upstairs in the bedroom we have matched the colour scheme to our bedroom and kept it neutral and subtle. The selection of decorations were bought this year from Sainsburys. Sainsburys currently has a third off most Christmas decorations instore, also a small selection online.



I have suspended the decorations on curling ribbon from two nails above the bed. I find curling ribbon to be a good strong material for suspending decorations... those knots just don't come undone. The decorations are spaced a hand span apart, I find this a simple method of spacing things equally without getting out the tape measure.


As we get closer to Christmas I plan to further embellish the house with fresh greenery such as fir tree garlands and bunches of mistletoe so watch this space...


Happy Decorating
X






No comments:

Post a Comment